Friday, August 30, 2013

Repurposing Candle Jars

I had a couple old candle jars sitting around from last Fall. The candles were burned all the way down and it was either toss them or figure out a way to repurpose them. So I took to Pinterest and came up with a great repurposing idea.


 
 
The candles had a plastic label wrapped around them which I removed. Then filled the jars with boiling water.
 
 
 
I let it sit for about an hour allowing the wax to melt, float to the top and harden into discs.



Once it hardened it was easy to just push down on one side to loosen it up, and remove the wax discs.

 
I repeated the boiling water, then used a paper towel to wipe out the remaining wax fragments. I put the wax discs aside to use for candle making later.


After the jars were all cleaned out I put them in the bathroom to hold Q-Tips and cotton balls. It adds a nice decorative touch while keeping things handy.

 
Once we move into the new house I may add decorative tops to the jars. Either gluing something that matches the decor in the new bathroom, or by drilling a hole and adding a cute drawer pull.


No comments:

Post a Comment